What C.P is?
- Some kids with C.P use a wheelchair or other walk with the help of braces or crutches.
- Some may talk but they speech may be affected or some may not talk at all.
- Its not contagious.. Its not a disease you can catch its a condition that will inspire you and make you stronger.
- C.P affects the brain and control how he or she body moves. "Cerebral" means having to do with the brain. Palsy is a weakness or problem in person position.
- Depending on how much and which part of the brain is affected some kids might not be able to talk, walk, eat or play like normal kids.
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Special surgeries to make corrections to their arms and legs.
3 Types Of C.P
- Spastic is the most common type of C.P ( A person with this type can not relax their muscles or their muscles may be stiff.
- Athetiod C.P affects a persons ability to control their muscles
- A mild case-
Types of doctors\treatment
- A pediatric orthopedist- who handles problems with bones or joints/
- A developmental pediatrician- looks at how the kid is growing or developing compared with other kids the same age.
- A pediatric physicist- who help treat children with disabilities of many kinds.
- Neurologist- A doctor who deals with their nervous system.
Living with Cerebral Palsy does not stop you from living a normal life. It just becomes challenging
- I had two major surgeries that was successful but my spine was major impacted by side affects.
- Having therapy for 18 years of my life and the rest of my life has allowed me to come this far and dream of using a walker
- Was a special education student now a regular education student
- National Honor Society and honor roll student
- Will graduate in honors from high school with a local or regents diploma
- School has been a shocking success for me many days I was just going though so much I did not expect to make it this far.
- Making friends was hard because mentally I felt they will not understand me.